Industrial Soundproof Curtains | Noise Control Curtains
Keep Your Workplace Ambient Noise Below 85 db OSHA Requirements and Avoid Costly Audio Metric Testing and WorkForce Training.
Did you know that industrial noise can cause hearing loss at levels as low as 85 decibels, the level of city traffic noise? Keep your workplace ambient noise below 85 db and avoid costly audio metric testing and work force training. Using Steel Guard industrial sound control curtains in your facility can help significantly reduce workplace noise to acceptable and harmless levels in addition to other employee safety equipment.
High noise levels in the workplace often lead to:
- Loss of concentration
- Reduced productivity
- Long-term hearing loss
Each of these can result in serious employee injury and harm to your business, culminating in lost wages or even devastating lawsuits. Using the right protective measures such as sound insulating curtains, you can avoid these issues while providing employees with a safer environment.
Steel Guard Safety Sound Shield™ noise blocking curtains solve the work place problem of high decibel commercial noise by absorbing and blocking reverberations from:
- Large machinery
Protect Your Staff from Noise-Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL)
Steel Guard soundproof curtains can absorb this dangerous noise and act as an effective sound barrier in these and many other applications:
- In-plant noise control curtain dividers
- Soundproof curtains & enclosures
- Acoustical curtain dividers
- Heavy machine enclosures
- Compressor & blower housing
- Flexible doorways
- Drive-thru doors
- Stamping press enclosures
- Noise reverberation control
- Temporary construction noise barriers
- Soundproofing wall panels & partitions
- Fan enclosures
- Grinder / compactor noise control
- Flexible Room Dividers
Easy Installation: Our curtains use a double track mounted roller system to slide in and out of use, making for easy installation. Your staff can install most systems in minutes without hassle.
Flexible Configuration of Industrial Noise Control Curtains
Sound dampening curtains can be manufactured from ½ PSF (pounds per square foot) to 2 ½ PSF surface protection, while our most common version is our 1PSF SCC-10 Sound Shield™ curtain. Extreme duty Sound Shield™ curtains can reduce certain frequencies noise levels by up to 61 decibels. Track-mounted Sound Shield™ industrial sound absorbing curtains can slide in out of use and the panels can be manufactured up to a height of 25 feet.
The panels can be fitted with our durable .160-gage work-view PVC window for greater visibility.
Sound Shield™ industrial noise control curtains start with a bottom layer of quilted fiberglass, followed by a layer of chemical-resistant and waterproof coated vinyl, then a third layer of soundproof, mass-loaded vinyl sandwiched in between yet another layer of quilted fiberglass, and topped off with a layer of coated vinyl.
All outer edges of the panels are sewn with a double lock stitch using rot-resistant nylon thread. Two-inch Velcro attachments are used to hold the panels together.
- 1″ Fiberglass Batting with Vinyl Quilted Front Plus 1 lb/sq ft Mass Loaded Vinyl Plus 1″ Fiberlass Back with Quilted Vinyl – STC 29 – See More Details
- 1″ Fiberglass Batting with Vinyl Quilted Front Plus 2 lb/sq ft Mass Loaded Vinyl Plus 1″ Fiberlass Back with Quilted Vinyl – STC 33 – See More Details
- 1″ Fiberglass Batting with Vinyl Quilted Front Plus 1 lb/sq ft Mass Loaded Vinyl Back – STC 27 – See More Details
- 2″ Fiberglass Batting with Vinyl Quilted Front Plus 1 lb/sq ft Mass Loaded Vinyl Back – STC 32 – See More Details
SOUND ABSORPTION (HZ) PER ASTM C423
|SCC-10 & SCC-11||.18||.62||.89||.84||.60||.45||.75|
SOUND TRANSMISSION LOSS (HZ) PER ASTM E90 & E413
SOUND ABSORPTION (HZ) PER ASTM C423
SOUND BLOCKING PERFORMANCE (HZ)
Custom Designed for Your Application
Track systems can be designed to house soundproof enclosure curtains and most any configuration can be custom manufactured to your specifications. Contact us via our request-a-quote form or call us at 1-800-347-8368, and one of our insides sales reps will discuss your application requirements with you.