Benefits to a well-partitioned facility
- organized spaces = up to 50% greater productivity
- reduced medical bills and insurance premiums
- slashed utility bills
Industrial curtains from Steel Guard Safety are the ideal solution for dividing and separating spaces in your plant, industrial space or warehouse building.
Use industrial curtain walls to save thousands per month on heating and cooling costs by partitioning unused building areas from you temperature controlled space.
Calculate your saving costs here.
Industrial curtains protect your people and property from:
- Dust and airborne particulates
- Paint over spray
- Water spray or mist
- Chemical spray or mist
- Welding and grinding sparks
- Noise from machinery or industrial processes
Track mounted curtain walls can be opened or closed in a matter of seconds and are available in virtually any size to meet your exact space-dividing requirements. You can request a quotation or call 1-800-347-8368 to be connected with a sales professional to discuss your application and requirements. Or, read more about our specifications and why we developed Steel-Scrim®.
Our Steel-Scrim® super polyester reinforced vinyl laminate is the toughest on the market with 406 pounds per square inch of tensile strength.
- Meets OSHA and Fire Marshall standards (CFM,NFPA-701, ATSM E-84 class I)
- Protects your workers in any working condition(-20 to +200 degrees)
- Resists tears. The advanced, proprietary tri-lateral design causes the vinyl to bunch up or collapse upon itself when punctured, automatically re-sealing itself!
- Prevents water and mildew damage
- Protects against UV rays
- Resists rot
- Resists most chemicals (even caustic acid)
- Costs less than one-tenth the investment required for permanent walls
How did we develop one of the world's strongest vinyls?
Why Available vinyls Cannot Meet All Our Requirements
We know you’re aware of industrial curtains …and we also know that your opinion of them might not be a favorable one. Here are some of the things we’ve heard a) they’re made of low-quality material, b) they break, c) they’ll get me fined by fire inspectors.
But we were determined to find a better solution for you. The head of our research and development team set out to find the best vinyl possible. He investigated over 20 different suppliers and just as many varieties of vinyl. Four months worth of exhaustive research.
But after all that searching and testing, he still wasn’t able to find a vinyl with adequate finish, scrim strength or flame resistance.
We were beginning to think we’d have give up on a finding a vinyl that would satisfy all your requirements…for a cost that would give you a great return-on-investment.
But instead of giving up, we decided to design our own. And what we discovered was an odd-looking design that would allow us to shatter the previous limits of vinyl strength and tenacity.
How We Created a vinyl that would Meet All Your Needs. A vinyl Strong Enough to Earn the Name STEEL-SCRIM
We started by spec-ing out a "super vinyl". A vinyl that would
- boast an R-value of 1.14 or higher, high enough to guarantee you energy savings
- meet the strictest of codes for flame resistance including CFM, NFPA-701 and ASTM E-84 class 1 protecting you from fines
- protect against mildew
- protect against harmful chemicals
- protect against UV rays
- protect against heat up to 200 degrees
- provide cold crack resistance down to -20 degrees
- provide the highest tensile and tear strength on the market
- be affordable enough to give you an attractive ROI.
Obviously, this wasn’t going to be easy. There were a handful of strong vinyls available but they were prohibitively expensive. To create a tougher, longer-lasting curtain, we had to somehow increase the scrim’s tensile and tear strength because ninety-five percent of a vinyl’s tensile and tear strength comes from the scrim.
To achieve this, our engineering department created something completely unique. A tri-lateral (three-directional) polyester scrim design. It may look odd compared to traditional vinyl patterns, but it was cost-effective and, most importantly, boosted the tensile strength of the vinyl to over 406 pounds per square inch. That’s more than EIGHTY-FOUR PERCENT stronger than a standard 9x9 denier 1000 row scrim! This is the strongest scrim we know of…quite possibly the strongest scrim ever created. It’s so strong that this 16-ounce vinyl out-performs standard 18-ounce, 22-ounce, even 26-ounce vinyl! It’s stronger, more resilient, and meets fire codes standards that the other vinyls can’t match.
Read the rest of the story here…